FYI – All agendas and meeting minutes for 2011 and 2010 have been posted to the EDC website and can be found here: http://catskillsedc.com/about-the-edc/
Sullivan County has issued a Request for Qualifications (“RFQ”) to firms and practitioners interested in providing Economic Development Analysis and Planning services for the purpose of assisting the County with preparation of a “Sullivan County Comprehensive Economic Development Strategic Plan” (or “ScCEDS Plan”). The County’s Division of Planning is the lead-agency for this effort, working closely with the Sullivan County Economic Development Corporation, who will serve in an advisory role as the Steering Committee guiding the development of the ScCEDS Plan.
The process for this RFQ is as follows:
1) Consultants are requested to submit qualifications under this RFQ, due Friday, February 24.
2) The County intends to interview a number of qualified Consultants with relevant experience during the week of February 27-March 2, in order to create a “short-list” of firms from whom the County will invite proposals based on a defined scope of work.
3) The County may use information and feedback gleaned from Consultants during the interview process, on issues such as budget considerations and possible technical services, in order to determine the final scope of work for the project.
4) The County will issue a final scope of work as part of the invitation to submit proposals requested of short-listed firms on or about March 5, 2012; 5) Final proposals anticipated to be due around March 30, 2012.
For information and a copy of the RFQ, please contact:
Director of the Department of Purchasing and Central Services
Sullivan County Government Center
100 North Street,
Monticello, New York 12701
Consultants interested in submitting qualifications are encouraged to review the materials below, provided for reference on the project:
The next meeting of the EDC will take place on Tuesday, February 7th at 9AM and will be held at the Villa Roma.
1. Call to Order:
- Confirmation of a quorum
- December minutes
2. Old Business:
- EDC Committee Update (Tarlow)
- CFA — Mid-Hudson Regional Council update
- Public Authorities Budget Office – documentation
3. New Business:
- Economic Development Masterplan Grant – consultant process
- Agriculture Task Force update
- Housing Task Force
4. General Welfare:
- Set anticipated schedule for meetings
Welcome to our blog!
The Economic Development Corporation of Sullivan County was created to leverage the skills and services of multiple county business and government groups to spur economic development, business growth and a quality work force. Let us help you get your business started and make it grow.